Top 10 Excuses for Leaving Work Early
Driving a relative to/from the airport
Something about family members needing a ride to the airport that brings out the "do-gooder" in us, and bosses understand this all too well. Of course, they could always take a taxi or train, but family members deserve more then that, don't they?
If you decide to use this excuse to get out of work early, you might consider actually driving to the airport and putting yourself on the next plane out to the holiday destination of your choice.
Apparently, you need a vacation.
Children are such wonderful excuse-enablers that it's a wonder people don't have them more often.
They get into trouble, accidents and general mischief on an almost daily basis, and it's your job to help them, console them, or take them to the hospital.
Here are just a few we thought of (some of them we experienced firsthand):
- My kids locked themselves outside.
- My kids locked themselves inside.
- I need to go pick on my kids.
- My child painted himself red and got himself high on paint fumes.
- My child ate a crayon and needs to be taken to the hospital.